Stage 1 - B.T.B.A. FUNdamentals Coach Award
Stage 1 of our new coaching pathway is titled "FUNDAMENTALS COACH" and is the perfect entry into coaching. Whether you are a bowler looking to take their first moves into coaching or a parent of a young bowler who wants to assist in your local club this is a great introduction.
What does the FUNdamentals Coach certificate qualify me to do?
The course will qualify successful candidates to instruct novice bowlers, in particular children from 6 years upwards to deliver the bowling ball to hit the pins up to around the 120 scoring mark.
"you will learn how to develop a bowlers movement patterns that will help them to learn bowling specific techniques more easily and more quickly. You will learn how important it is to encourage bowlers to use instinct when starting out and for coaches to recognise this. You will introduce the importance of straight lines in tenpin bowling and most importantly you will understand that creating a FUN environment with this age group in particular is paramount." Mark Heathorn - National Coaching Manager
How is the qualification delivered?
There are three stages;
1. After registering you will get access to 5 online learning modules;
- Bowling Principles
- Rules and Safety
- Bowling Environment
- Bowling Balls
2. Complete the online test.
3. Once you have passed the test you will be able to attend the 6 hour workshop
The workshop is delivered by B.T.B.A. accredited tutors in a bowling centre local to you wherever possible. It will provide you with the necessary practical knowledge and skills to build the fundamental bowling technique based on physical literacy and movement pattern development.
What are the requirements needed to carry out this training?
Candidates are required to:
- be at least 16 years of age on the day of the workshop
- have access to a computer, laptop. or tablet with internet access
- provide satisfactory D.B.S. enhanced disclosure
- be a member of the B.T.B.A. before attending the workshop